Click here for 1975 picture.Picture taken 2000. Log cabin built by Billy Powers 1888. The natives did not accept him and tried to scare him off. He used lanterns to ward them off. He abandoned the cabin 1889. The property was purchased by David Erskine Gellatly in 1900. The cabin was the home of the Gellatly family until 1908 and housed the Post Office from 1903 - 1908 when it was moved to the Gellatly's new home.
Gellatly barn built in 1903.
The restored barn and cabin relocated to the Gellatly Heritage Park:
More local history